ILLINOIS STATE CORRECTIONAL CENTER CEMETERY T7N R1E Section 32. Cemetery is located on State property 1/4 mile west of Route 51. Coming from Vandalia, at the top of the hill on the left, you will see the Warden's house- just beyond driveway is another gravel road which leads to the cemetery.
INDEPENDENCE CEMETERY Twp 7N R1E Section 10. On grounds of the Independence Church, about 10 miles from Vandalia, north. Go north on Route 51 turning right at township line (2400), 1 mile east to end of road, right 1/2 mile to end of road, east 1/4 mile to first road turning right, which goes to the church. A second and maybe easier way to get to this, is to turn just past the Sharon Cemetery at the twin bridges and follow this road for about 4-5 miles. It goes through the bottom and Y's right at the church
SHARON CEMETERY NE1/4 Section 21 & pt. Section 16, Twp 7N R1E. 7 miles north of Vandalia on east side of Route 51. A.P.H. Doyle bought the farm on which it is located in 1832. His oldest child, Martha Evelyn, born and died 1834, was the first person buried in the cemetery. Two acres were deeded to the trustees for a public burying ground by John and Evans Doyle, sons of A.P.H., on March 28, 1896, after it had been used as such for 62 years.
UNION CEMETERY Just west of the Sharon Cemetery- same turn-off. 7 miles north of Vandalia on Route 51 to first road west past the Vera Road. Go west 1/4 mile, a sign has been erected showing the turn-off for the cemetery. At the top of the hill.
WILLIAMS CEMETERY Located in the middle of the woods and pasture. Go north of Vera, approximately 2 miles to road 2200 N, 3/4 miles east, then walk 1/4 mile north. No road to the cemetery.
CREIGHTON FAMILY CEMETERY Section 2, T7N R2E. Independence community. Land once owned by William Creighton, a Civil War veteran. It contains no markers, but in the 1970's, several mounds could still be seen.
CLINE CEMETERY Located directly south of the Creighton Family Cemetery. Nothing visible today.
NOWLIN FAMILY CEMETERY Located about 1/2 mile south of the Creighton and Cline cemeteries on a farm. Nothing visible today.
SMALL CEMETERY In the Independence Community. 1/4 mile south of the Timmons farm on the same road, farm owned by K. Kelly in the mid 1970's. Originally owned by the Boaz family.
GERMAN REFORMED CEMETERY NE SW Section 30 6N 3E.
LOVETT CEMETERY Located in Section 14 of Wheatland Township. From Interstate 70, take the turn off for St. Elmo and go south about 4 miles. At the crossroads with a church on the west side and a sign for the St. James Free Methodist Church on the east side, turn left and go to St. James. Go 3/4 mile east of St. James to a cross road and turn left (north). Go approximately 1 mile to the first cross road, turn left, go 1/4 mile off the main road and make a jog into the cemetery.
OLD LOOGOOTEE CEMETERY On the site of the Zion Lutheran Church. The church was moved in 1903. Located just off of Route 185 and can be seen from the highway. There is another church now sitting on the highway where you turn off.
MAHON-STEPHENS CEMETERY Located in Section 31 of Wheatland Township. Near the Old Loogootee Cemetery on private farm land. The site was fenced in by descendants of Thomas Mahon. The proper name for this cemetery is Stephens.
SIDENER CEMETERY Located in the NW1/4 of the NW1/4 of Section 9. Take the main road south from St. Elmo and turn right at the second crossroads. The cemetery is about 3/4 mile from the corner. Is also known as the Centerville Cemetery.
STEIN OR STINE CEMETERY SW NE Section 15 6N 3E.